FULL GRAIN LEATHER: Leather that has not been altered beyond hair removal. It is the most genuine of leathers, retaining all of the hide’s original texture and markings. The hide’s best, strongest, and most durable layer.
TOOLING LEATHER: Tough surface that is very strong, durable, and can withstand tough use.
QUALITY GUARANTEE: This leather is the first-class you can find. Handmade and ethically sourced using long-lasting materials. 10 Year Warranty.
Minor Blemish or Natural Marks Our full-grain leather is made from AB grade cowhide. Since the leather is made of the least damaged skin, you will hardly find any blemishes, holes, and defects on the leather's surface. Note that natural leather hides will have some minor blemishes, ticks, scars, wrinkles but we try to minimize those defects.
No Cracks and Damaging The tooling leather is thicker, more robust, and less prone to cracking and damage. The cowhide leather material is durable and lasts longer in comparison to the fabric.
No Unpleasant Smell Genuine cowhide full-grain leather with no unpleasant odor to provide you relief from leather conditioning. Springfield Leather Company (SLC) is a family-owned and operated business focused on bringing high-quality imported and domestic leather goods. Our leather is ethically sourced from tanneries around the world that use an environment-focused tanning process, treat the animals in an ethical way. We are located in Southern California!
- DIMENSIONS & COLOR: 8-9 oz (3.2-3.6mm) Pre-Cut 8-10 SQ FT Veg Tan Leather. Made from Bullhide, our full grain leather hides are vegetable tanned. Each piece is cut to specific dimensions making it easy to start working on your project quickly. Quickly get to work on your leathercraft and tooling projects.
- VEGETABLE TANNED & FULL GRAIN LEATHER: Leather that has not been altered beyond hair removal. It is the most genuine of leathers, retaining all of the hide’s original texture and markings. The hide’s best, strongest, and most durable layer. Our leather uses the full-grain of the hide and tanned with natural and eco-friendly Vegetable Tanning Oil process.
- TOOLING LEATHER: Imported mostly from Springfield, Domestic, or Brazil young bull steers. Perfect for your Tooling, Stamping, Molding, Carving, Workshop, and other leather craft projects. The leather surface is smoother and very uniform in color and thickness; it accepts engraving and awl punching well. For a novice user, cutting tools and a leather hole punch, be careful when you are cutting and engraving the leather piece cowhide.
- APPLICATIONS: Our cowhide leather pieces work great in making projects such as Book covers, Journals, Accessories, Bags, Handbags, Backpacks, Harness, Insoles, Shoes, Belts, Straps, Leashes, Saddles, Knife sheath, Gun Holsters, Knife Sheaths, Pet Collars, Cosplay, Pyrography, and so much more.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: 10 Year Quality Guarantee! This leather is of the highest quality that you can find. We only want our customers to work with high-quality leather that is cut with you in mind. All of our leather pieces are handmade and ethically sourced using sustainable and recycled materials during the tanning process.
Our return/exchange policy lasts for 30 days after you receive your order. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange unless there is an issue such as damage during delivery or product quality issues.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds or exchanges are granted (if applicable)
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
- Product quality issue.
Most orders are shipped by USPS First Class or Priority Mail Service within 1-2 business days (Monday to Friday). You should allow 4-10 days for standard shipping from the time you receive your shipping confirmation by email.
Shipping Rates are Free standard shipping for all US domestic orders with standard shipping services. Priority Mail (2-3 Day) shipping costs depending on order weight and location.
NOTE: From November 24th through December 24th, orders may take an additional 3-5 days to ship due to holiday seasons.
During checkout, you also have the option to upgrade shipping to USPS Priority Mail, UPS, FedEx, or DHL International.
NOTE: The shipping times provided above should be used as a guideline, but are not guaranteed by USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL and therefore cannot be guaranteed by ELW (European Leather Works).
If you need guaranteed or overnight shipping please select express shipping option or contact us email@example.com.
Standard (International): 1-4 weeks overall, depending on location and countries custom import processing time. Shipping times are provided when checking out.
Tracking numbers can take up to 1-3 days to generate depending on the shipping carrier and order timing. If you still do not receiving your tracking, send us an email and we will follow up with the tracking details.
Remember as always customer satisfaction is our top priority. If you have any questions or have questions about our shipping policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 917-737-2292.
|Leather Weight||Common Uses|
|1 – 2 oz||Thinner wallets, watch bands, molding, shoes, thin purses, linings, bookmarks, boots, and small pouches|
|2 – 3 oz||Wallets, thicker watch bands, molding, thin purses, linings, boots, bookmarks, embossing, shoes, small pouches, light upholstery for chairs, couches, and other seating|
|3 – 4 oz||Thicker wallets, embossing, molding, smaller handbags and purses, boots, shoes, thin notebook covers, pouches, standard upholstery for chairs, couches, and other seating|
|4 – 5 oz||Boots, notebook covers, smaller knife sheathes, shoes, keychains, pouches, wrestling masks, light chaps, smaller handbags and purses, light aprons|
|5 – 6 oz||Boots, notebook covers, smaller knife sheathes, shoes, keychains, thicker pouches, thicker wrestling masks, chaps, smaller handbags and purses, light aprons|
|6 – 7 oz||Heavier boots, larger notebook covers, knife sheathes, shoes, keychains, thicker pouches, heavier chaps, handbags and purses, aprons, bags and duffels, carrying cases, thin belts, thin sword and bayonet scabbards, thin armor|
|7 – 8 oz||Heavier boots, large notebook covers, knife sheathes, light slings, thicker shoes, keychains, thicker pouches, sword and bayonet scabbards, typical handbags and purses, light pet collars, thin armor, thick aprons, bags and duffels, carrying cases, belts, light straps|
|8 – 9 oz||Heavier notebook covers, knife sheathes, slings, keychains, sword and bayonet scabbards, typical handbags and purses, armor, saddle bags, pet collars, bags and duffels, slings, carrying cases, belts, straps, holsters|
|9 – 10 oz||Knife sheathes, slings, keychains, sword and bayonet scabbards, larger handbags and purses, saddle bags, pet collars, armor, bags and duffels, slings, carrying cases, heavier belts, straps, holsters|
|10 – 11 oz||Heavy knife sheathes, slings, keychains, larger handbags and purses, saddle bags, pet collars, thicker bags and duffels, slings, thicker carrying cases, heavier belts, straps, holsters, light saddles, thicker armor|
|11 – 12 oz||Heavy knife sheathes, thicker slings, keychains, heavy handbags and purses, thick saddle bags, thick pet collars, thicker bags and duffels, heavy slings, thicker carrying cases, heavier belts, straps, holsters, light saddles, thicker armor|
|12 – 13 oz||Thicker slings, keychains, heavy handbags and purses, thick pet collars, heavy slings, thicker cases, heavier belts, thicker straps, holsters, typical saddles, thicker armor|
|13 – 14 oz||Heavy armor, light shoe soles, light machine belting, tack, light shoe heels, thick belts and straps, typical saddles|
|14 – 15 oz||Heavy armor, shoe soles, machine belting, heavy tack, shoe heels, thick belts and straps|
|15 oz +||Heavy armor, shoe soles, shoe heels, thick belts and straps|